Founded in 1998, the Ameson Foundation is a non-profit, non-governmental organization committed to the advancement of cultural and educational exchange. Its honorary Chairman was the late Dr. Boutros Boutros-Ghali, former Secretary General of the United Nations. As the 21st century unfolds, U.S.-China relations continue to become more important. Ameson believes that lasting stability can be achieved through dialogue and exchange and is seeking future leaders to fulfill that mission.
Ameson Year in China (AYC) is a unique opportunity for university graduates to spend a year teaching, learning, and making a difference at public schools across China by becoming Educational Ambassadors. Participants experience the challenges and unique rewards of immersion into one of the world’s fastest developing economic and cultural landscapes.
- Native English speaker (with US, UK, Australian, South African, or Canadian Passport)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (all majors welcome)
- Able to pass criminal background check
- Adaptive and culturally sensitive
- Positive attitude toward educational exchange
Period of Study
Main cohorts will leave for China in August and teach through June. However, flexible schedules might be arranged for participants who would like to go earlier or later.
- Over 1000 USD / month
- 1200 USD travel allowance awarded at the completion of the program
- TEFL training and certification (free 120-hour course)
- Free housing (conveniently located close to your school)
- Full legal work and residence status (Chinese work visa and residence permit)
- Health insurance
- Chinese language lessons
- Airport pickup and ongoing support
Additional information and application materials can be located on the Ameson website.
- Recent Graduate
- International Affairs
- Public Affairs/Government
- Social Sciences
- Non English
- Teach Abroad