The Fulbright Canada - Mitacs Globalink Internship Program provides high performing students with the opportunity to be part of a 10- to 12-week research internship under the supervision of Canadian university faculty members in a variety of academic disciplines, from science, engineering and mathematics to the humanities and social sciences. A partner in this initiative, Mitacs is a federally funded, national, not-for-profit organization that has designed and delivered research and training programs in Canada for some 20 years. Working with 70 universities, 6,000 companies, and both federal and provincial governments, it supports industrial and social innovation in Canada.
- U.S. students will come to Canada to undertake advanced research projects.
- Projects will cover a broad cross-section of research topics including most academic disciplines.
- Students will spend 10 to 12 weeks (May - October) in Canada on a research project in their area of interest.
- Students will be placed at a Canadian university and undertake a supervised research project.
- Students will have extensive opportunities for cultural, social, and recreational experiences.
Participants in this program must:
- Be currently enrolled as an undergraduate student at an accredited university located in the United States ;
- Be a United States citizen, and hold a valid U.S. passport;
- Have at least one semester remaining in their program of study as of Fall 2021 (this program is not suitable for 1st-year NOR senior students);
- Ideal candidates will be in their third year in the 20/21 academic year;
- Have a competitive grade point average.
Period of Study
The program runs 10 to 12 weeks in Canada between May and August.
Students who participate in this program will have:
- Access to the prestigious worldwide Fulbright network (the Globalink program will not impact the eligibility to apply for Fulbright Student programs);
- Access to some of Canada’s top research facilities;
- The opportunity to gain valuable international experience;
- Gain a rewarding experience combining academic research, professional skills, and personal growth; and,
- Receive a grant in the amount of CAD$7800
To apply, students must provide:
- A completed application online form;
- Unofficial transcripts from their home university or college;
- A two-page Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- Two letters of reference (to be submitted by Sept 30)- refer to submission details;
- A one-page personal statement- no final project needs to be identified at this time.
September 30, 2020 at 10pm EST.
- International Affairs
- Public Affairs/Government
- Social Sciences
- Study Abroad
- North America