Are you interested in applying to Law School? One important step in the application process is the successful completion of the Law School Admission Test (LSAT). Be better prepared to take the LSAT by joining this study cohort program. This free program is for members of the GW community who have already committed to taking the test or are interested in learning more about the process.
What does this program entail?
- The next cohort is forming now! The upcoming LSAT Study Cohort will start the week of June 20th, 2021, and conclude the week of September 19th, 2021.
- Cohort leaders will organize practice problems, provide weekly updates, and host weekly review sessions. Synchronous sessions will be held weekly on Tuesdays from 6-8pm.
- Meetings will be held virtually using Zoom. An in-person component may be offered depending on the operating status of the university and interest level of participants.
- Materials will be organized and distributed using Google Drive. Prior to the first week of the cohort, the folder and meeting room link will be shared with all participants.
- The cohort leaders are GW Law students who have both taken the LSAT and successfully navigated the law school admission process.
- No commitment is required! If you are seeking more information about the LSAT, but aren't sure if you are ready to sign up for the test, consider signing up for the cohort and attending the first session. The cohort leaders will be providing an introduction to the test and will be able to answer questions from those who are interested in learning more. If you don't decide to take the test, you simply don't attend any other sessions.
What are the benefits of participation?
- Accountability: Nothing helps keep you on track like knowing you have a weekly meeting to discuss your progress and hear how others are doing.
- Knowledgeable cohort leaders: Your cohort leaders are valuable resources who have first-hand knowledge of taking the LSAT and of navigating the law school admissions process.
- Community: You aren't in this alone. Meet other students and alumni pursuing law school with whom you can share your experiences and successes.
- Structured study plan: No need to spend time developing your own study schedule or plan. You will be provided a suggested plan for studying the most important elements of the LSAT. How you modify that plan is completely up to you.
How do I sign-up?
- Register using the LSAT Study Cohort Registration Form so we can send you Zoom links and cohort materials.
- Participants will be admitted on a rolling basis and can join at any time.
- To participate, members will need a computer with internet access. Each week, practice problems from the 5 lb. Book of LSAT Practice Drills will be assigned. Due to copyright restrictions, we will not be able to provide access to the recommended book digitally. Therefore, in order to get the most out of the cohort, participants are strongly encouraged to purchase the book.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the upcoming cohort.