The Mary Lou Fiala Fellowship is a year-long leadership and professional development program to prepare bright and talented young women for senior-level executive positions in the retail real estate industry.
In recognition of Mary Lou Fiala’s distinguished 35-year career as a prominent industry leader, this Fellowship is designed for women who have Mary Lou’s drive, determination and skills to take the next big step in their careers.
Fiala Fellowship candidates must:
- Be ambitious, passionate and committed to career advancement in the retail real estate industry
- Be 25-35 years of age
- Have at least five years of work experience in the industry or a combination of 5 years of related graduate school study and retail real estate industry work (minimum 3 years of work experience)
- Be comfortable with public speaking
- Be an ICSC (International Council of Shopping Centers) member
Period of Study
Fellowship is a year-long mentoring and professional development experience.
Fellowship benefits include:
- Pairing with 3-4 inspiring women mentors in senior-level positions in the retail real estate industry
- Participation in formal executive leadership education and training programs to further professional advancement, with the exact program(s) to be mutually agreed upon by the ICSC Foundation and Fellow; one suggested recommendation includes the Women in Leadership program at Columbia Business School
- Complimentary registration and hotel accommodations at RECon and the opportunity to attend high-level networking and leadership events
- Recognition within the industry through the delivery of presentation(s) at ICSC events about the role of women in retail real estate and the benefits of the Fellowship Program
Deadline for application is December 7, 2018.
- Recent Graduate
- International Affairs
- Public Affairs/Government
- Social Sciences
- North America