The Obama Foundation Fellows are a diverse set of community-minded rising stars, including organizers, inventors, artists, entrepreneurs, educators. By engaging their communities to work together in new and meaningful ways, Obama Foundation Fellows are leading transformational change on many of the world’s most pressing problems.
The two-year, non-residential Fellowship offers hands-on training, resources, and leadership development to equip Fellows to scale the impact of their work. Fellows participate in four multi-day gatherings where they collaborate with each other, connect with potential partners, and collectively push their work forward. Throughout the program, each Fellow pursues a personalized plan to leverage Fellowship resources to take their work to the next level.
Applicants must be 18 or older. The Obama Foundation is looking for participants who are at a “tipping point” stage in their careers, rather than those who fit a particular age requirement. Non-US citizens are welcome to apply.
Visit the Obama Foundation Fellowships and sign up in order to receive updated application information.
This fellowship includes:
- Guidance in developing a personalized Fellowship roadmap to help you get the most out of the program
- Ongoing skill-building and training courses tailored to your particular needs
- Individual coaching and mentoring to help you move your work forward
- Participation in a global cohort of leaders poised to change the civic engagement landscape
- Exposure to opportunities provided by other Foundation programming, such as mentorship roles and speaking engagements
- Participation in four gatherings (including economy airfare to/from the event, lodging, and all meals during the events)
Fellows do not receive a stipend at this time. The Foundation covers transportation and accommodation costs for the convening of the Fellows.
- Recent Graduate
- Public Service
- Central America
- Middle East
- North America
- South America