Project Horseshoe Farm is a 501(c)3 community non-profit organization based in Greensboro, Alabama with a more recent satellite extension in Marion, Alabama. Since its founding in 2007, Horseshoe Farm has been dedicated to strengthening local communities, improving the quality of life of their vulnerable neighbors, and preparing citizen service leaders for tomorrow's communities.
Horseshoe Farm runs an integrated network of housing, transportation, support, health, wellness, social, and activities programs for vulnerable adults. Horseshoe Farm also works with local schools to run a 21st-Century, award-winning K-12 tutoring, mentoring, and enrichment program for children.
Project Horseshoe Farm's programs are tied together by community based leadership development internships for undergraduate, graduate, and health professions students as well as a pioneering paid gap year Fellowship for top recent college graduates from across the country.
Project Horseshoe Fellowship is an opportunity for high levels of responsibility and mentored hands-on learning in a rapidly growing community based non-profit organization. Its aim is preparing citizen service leaders needed for tomorrow's communities. The Fellowship may be either a one-year or two-year experience.
Fellows receive an educational grant of $600/month, free housing, and valuable experience through:
- Front line service in and leadership of Horseshoe Farm's broad range of innovative community based programs for children and adults.
- Administrative, management, and operations responsibilities in a grassroots non-profit organization.
- Close work with a team of other talented Fellows.
- "Community Engagement" work with other civic, business, non-profit, and governmental organizations throughout our community.
- Weekly readings and discussions designed to promote contextual understanding and reflection on experiences.
Fellows consistently go on to some of the top medical, nursing, public health, health management, and education programs in the nation and several have received the most prestigious scholarships and awards at their respective institutions.
Applicants may choose either of the following options:
- to be considered for the Greensboro site only.
- to be considered for either the Greensboro site or its new satellite initiative in Marion, Alabama.
Sunday, February 10, 2019.
- Recent Graduate
- International Affairs
- Public Affairs/Government
- Social Sciences
- Public Service
- North America