Taking notes helps you remember information. There are many different note-taking methods, so find out what works for you. Review a few common methods of note-taking:
- Keep notes simple.
- Stick to keywords and short sentences.
- Write in your own words (not verbatim from a professor).
- Only write down what matters.
- Get organized.
- Use paper or a digital note taking service.
- You could use a notebook with a new page dated for each class.
- You could download and print presentations your instructor shares and take notes directly on the powerpoints.
- Learn about the Bullet Journal method.
- Download some note-taking apps if you prefer typing to writing:
Return to Study Skills. Or review other strategies: