The China Educational Association of International Exchange (CEAIE) program seeks to promote language exchange and mutual understanding among young people at home and abroad, and to improve foreign language education in Chinese schools, CEAIE has been working together with partner organizations overseas to provide opportunities for young people and experienced teachers to work as language teachers in Chinese school at all levels since 2005. More than 1,000 international English teachers have come to China through the Teach in China Program.
Candidates for CEAIE Teach in China opportunity will have a strong interest in China or in a career teaching, particularly teaching English to speakers of other languages.
Eligibility requirements for this opportunity are:
- Must be a native speaker of English.
- Must be a citizen of Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom or the United States of America.
- Must be between 20 and 55 years of age.
- Must have a bachelor's degree or above.
- Preferred: TESOL certification or two years of teaching experience.
Period of Study
The term of the fellowship is twelve months.
Program benefits include:
- Flights: Round-trip international airfare (maximum 10,000 RMB)
- Local transportation: Airport pick-up in Beijing; the first train ticket from Beijing to program school
- Monthly salary: comparable to Chinese teachers’ salaries
- Visa: work visa, the visa fee incurred overseas will be reimbursed up to 2,000RMB; the visa fees incurred in China will be covered by the program school
- Insurance: Comprehensive Medical Insurance for Foreigner and Countryman from Hong Kong and Macao no less than 2,000 RMB
- Physical: Physical check-in China for the change from visa to resident permit
- Housing: Free accommodation, including private bedroom, living room (shared), kitchen (private or shared; if no kitchen, then access to canteen,) furniture, television, water heater, refrigerator, washing machine, air conditioning and internet connection.
- TEFL Certification: For those without a TEFL/TESOL certificate, training is compulsory and will lead to TEFL certification.
A complete application will include:
- Completed online application form
- A personal statement of no more than 250 words
- University Transcript
- Resume/curriculum vitae (up to 3 pages)
- A mock teaching demonstration on video
- 1-2 Letters of Recommendation (You must register 2 recommenders through the “Recommender Registration” section of the online application. Recommendations MUST be completed online.)
Deadline for the Spring 2019 cohort is November 7, 2018.
- Recent Graduate
- International Affairs
- Public Affairs/Government
- Social Sciences
- Non English