The William Jefferson Clinton Scholarship at the American University in Dubai seeks to further the goals of the Clinton Presidential Foundation to strengthen the capacity of people in the United States and throughout the world to meet the challenges of global interdependence. In partnership with the American University in Dubai, the program will provide American students based in the US the opportunity to expand their educational and cultural horizons by studying in the Arab world.
The scholarship is only open to U.S. Citizen Students currently enrolled as full time undergraduate degree candidates at an accredited four-year college/university in the United States. A minimum of 3.0 GPA or equivalent at the institution from which he/she is applying is required.
It is expected that recipients will demonstrate exemplary academic achievement. Provision has been made for up to ten students per semester. Preference will be given to students who show interest in being exposed to the Middle Eastern and Islamic cultures for the first time. Students will also have to complete a phone interview with AUD’s External Relations Office to finalize the application process. Student will be contacted directly to schedule the interview after the deadline date.
Period of Study
Clinton Scholars will receive funding for one term of study at the American University in Dubai.
Clinton Scholars will receive:
- A full waiver of tuition for one term;
- Dormitory housing at the American University in Dubai on a shared-room basis.
Scholars must carry a full load of academic credit (12-16 credit hours) during each semester of study and 6 credit hours during the summer session. If scholars fail to remain in good academic standing as defined by AUD’s Academic Standards or fail to adhere to the AUD Code of Conduct, program participation will be terminated. Board, texts, transportation and extracurricular activities are the financial responsibility of the student.
In order to apply, a student must complete an application for The William Jefferson Clinton Scholarship at The American University in Dubai. A student must complete and submit together the following for the application to be deemed complete:
- The Clinton Scholars Application Form
- A 500-word personal statement addressing the qualities that distinguish the applicant for The William Jefferson Clinton Scholars Program;
- One letter of recommendation;
- Official copy of the applicant’s current undergraduate transcript showing that the applicant:
- has a minimum of 3.0 GPA or equivalent at the institution from which he/she is applying;
- has completed or is completing one full year of study as a full-time student at a four-year accredited U.S. college or university;
- A resume indicating work and leadership experience;
- Written approval from his/her advisor at his/her educational institution, indicating that the applicant is eligible to study abroad and have credits earned at AUD counted towards his/her degree program; Course Authorization Form.
- Students of consent age or their legal guardian(s) must sign the following forms: Clinton Foundation Waiver; Disclosure of Educational Records Form, Reservation & Enrollment Agreement, Declaration Form, and Acknowledgment Form.
- 1 passport size photo for AUD’s ID
- AUD Health History Form. This form must be signed and stamped by a Physician.
The deadlines to apply for the The William Jefferson Clinton Scholars Program at AUD are as follows:
- Fall Semester (September-December): deadline to apply is June 15
- Spring Semester (January-April): deadline to apply is November 15
- Summer I Term (May-June): deadline to apply is March 15
Additional information and application materials can be found on the AUD Clinton Scholarship website.
- International Affairs
- Public Affairs/Government
- Social Sciences
- Non English
- Study Abroad
- Middle East