Each GW school offers undergraduate academic advising. An academic advisor is assigned to you when you're admitted into the university. Academic advisors ensure you are on track to graduate on time.
- Columbian College of Arts and Sciences (CCAS)
- Elliott School of International Affairs (ESIA)
- Milken Institute School of Public Health (MISPH)
- School of Business (GWSB)
- School of Engineering & Applied Science (SEAS). Note that once a SEAS student has declared a major, you are assigned a faculty advisor, which can be seen on DegreeMap.
Some offices provide academic advising for the special populations they serve.
Undergraduate students interested in careers in medicine, veterinary science, or law should also meet with a pre-professional academic advisor. Pre-professional advising is designed to assist and support students as they explore graduate and professional programs.